Rating: All Ages
Word Count: 12199
Author's Summary: An alternate resolution to the "Sound of Drums" cliffhanger, featuring a cavalcade of companions, UNIT soldiers and rather more Time Lords than one usually sees.
Characters/Pairings: Liz Shaw, Lucy Saxon, Martha Jones, Other Character(s), Romana (author created), Sarah Jane Smith, Tegan Jovanka, The Doctor (10th), The Master (Simm), UNIT
Recced because:Let me count the ways...
- This was the first someone-else-in-a-pocket-watch story I read, and it was inspiring.
- This was much, much better than "The Last of the Timelords".
- a better plot, which made a lot more sense
- a different but interesting origin of the Toclafane (this story was written in the week between "The Sound of Drums" and "The Last of the Timelords", which was a feat in itself).
- Former companions! Particularly Ace, Liz and Jo.
- And Martha did rock, too.
- Snark, banter, and good characterisation.